Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Life is about to begin

*Numerous inspirational quotes fill my head, ones I have created for myself, and ones that I have been told. 'This is only the beginning of life,' 'It is now time to explore the world,' 'The world is your oyster'*

The end of Year 12 and 13 years of schooling is coming to an end. This is our last week of actual learning before the crack down to exams begin late October. I have never been so excited/anxious in my life, but I have been so certain about my career path since I was 14. I love people, communicating with people, keeping everyone connected and I was the child that always answered the phone, yelling 'I'll get it!!!!' when the phone rang (I guess I still do that now). So when I heard about this Bachelor degree at RMIT, of Public Relations I fell in love. Since then I have been researching, and you will be happy to know it is my number 1 preference in my VTAC application.

I do not know if I am disadvantaged because of my focus, and my drive. Some of my friends have no idea the path they want to take and it excites me as I am all for spontaneity. But this just seems right to me, seems like this is what I am supposed to do. Maybe it wont be the best choice when (if) I get in to the course, but I am too excited to let that doubt stop me.

Sitting on my desk is four Vogue magazines, pilled up, staring at me. For such a long time this has been my dream, to work in fashion, to grace the steps of a freelance Public relations fashion firm. This dream is on its way to becoming a reality.

While I may be anxious about getting into the big bad world and overwhelmed at the idea that I could possibly be accepted into my dream course, I am silently ready. I am ready to see what the world has to offer me, and hopefully what I can offer the world and the fashion industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment