Friday, 11 October 2013

The day I met Peter Hitchener...



My dad told me to leave 1 hour early, now I did think that leaving one hour early was just leading me into being extremely early. I am one of those people who are always early, I am never late.

The day came. I sat on my porch, thinking about what I was going to say, what could I do to stand out. I did begin to doubt myself, and the negative thoughts came rushing into my head. Imagine if it all went wrong and I ended up looking stupid. Quickly those thoughts went when I started driving, it is funny how that always happens, you never feel nervous or anxious when you start doing something.

The drive took my 10 minutes. Thanks Dad!

I had already been to the location before, I made my friend come with me the day before to make sure I knew exactly where I was going, especially because the carpark was supposedly hidden, even though we did find it quite easily the day before.

I sat in my car for 15 minutes, stuffing some Apricot Bites I found at the bottom of my bag into my mouth, trying to sustain myself, as I didn't know how long this was going to take.

Being 15 minutes early is quite reasonable I thought. I stumbled out of the car, but reached back in to the car to brush my hair, do not ask me why.

"Hi, I am here to see Peter Hitchener, oh my name is Georgia Callahan," I said while profusely smiling at the security man.

"He isn't here yet, just take a seat."

I had just had a coffee so buying another one would have been a mistake for my sleeping patterns. So I sat.

Now I really need to wear my glasses, but decided to wear them on my head, even when I saw someone waving at me I continued to squint and wave, instead of flicking my glasses on.

Luckily, waving at me was Peter.

It really was a fabulous meeting and interview. What a genuine man and down to earth person who is willing to do anything for anyone. I am so happy with this connection I have made.

A great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment